Saturday, November 26, 2011

Oh hi there...


I haven't forgotten about this blog, I'm just living in Russia for a year and it's taking all of my time and energy to stay sane. But I will post the completed patterns for Thor and Loki eventually! Also, I'm (very, very slowly) working on crocheting Sif and Beta-Ray Bill too. But mostly, I'm trying to both survive and enjoy Russian life and going to hella museums, monuments, cathedrals, teaching Russian kids English, trying to wrap my tongue around a language that loves three-consonant blends, playing the accordion, blah blah blah...

The least I can do is post some older photos here to fill space...

I purposefully didn't give Loki eyebrows since too much detail on a simple doll looks weird and I prefer them to have relatively neutral expressions to encourage the imagination...but I Photoshopped some in to enhance this picture.

And this one! And, yeah, I made three Lokis. College summers are conducive to that sort of thing.

By the by...I bought a pirated Russian copy of Thor almost as soon as I got here. The dub is pretty good. Loki sounds even more sinister and it cracks me up that his name pronounced in Russian (Лёки/Lyoki) sounds exactly like the Russian word for "easy" or "light," (лёгкий/lyokki) which when used about a person's character implies that they are a good, high-minded person. Heheheheheh.

1 comment:

  1. So, I really like your Loki and Thor crocheted dolls and I don't know how to crochet myself and was wondering if there was any way I could possibly commission you to make one of each for me? :)
    My name is Lexy and my email is atanen@poets.whittier.edu. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete